School Shirt Policy
Students are required to wear their STAR shirts to school daily for safety and to show school spirit.
There are three ways that you can order your shirts.
1. Order Patches from the PTA.
STAR Patches are for sale!
1 patch for $5
5 patches for $20
Apply iron on patches to navy or dark blue t-shirts or sweatshirts. STAR patch to be placed on left side of T-Shirt or Sweatshirt.
Iron On Patch Instructions
1. Garment should be clean & freshly laundered (including new items).
2. Set iron to "COTTON", 400 degrees, for five minutes.
3. Thoroughly iron area of garment where patch will be placed.
4. Place patch on garment, embroidery facing up.
5. Place cloth or light towel over patch and using a slow circular motion, press firmly for
6. Turn garment inside out, and iron the back of the patch for 30 seconds.
7. Let cool for one minute. If edge of patch can be lifted, repeat step 6.
Permanence of application guaranteed by sewing.
Do NOT use on unironable fabrics such as nylons, vinyls, or leathers.
Do NOT bleach.
Patches can be purchased in the Main office, room 211, or contact a PTA Executive Board Member.
2. Order online through Cookies Kids:
1) Visit us online at Uniforms.CookiesKids.com. (there is no www.)
2) Scroll down the page, and Click on the link to “Enter School Source Code”
3) Enter your School’s Source Code: STARACA
If you have any questions call the Cookie’s helpline at (877) 942- 6654
You will not be able to purchase shirts in Cookie’s stores. Orders must be placed online.
Please feel free to ask Alice to help you place an order using the computers in our main office.
If you have any issues placing an order
****Don’t forget to enter your school’s coupon code STARACA again at checkout to be eligible for free shipping on orders over $25!****
3. Online or at the store: Ideal Uniforms
https://www.idealuniform.com/SANYC or shop in person at
1816 Flatbush Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11210
We are open 7 days a week year round for your convenience!
Our school uniform increases safety and school spirit. In order to be exempt from wearing the school shirts, you MUST COMPLETE A WAIVER and have it approved.
The waiver can be found here:
Students not wearing their school shirt will be violating NYCDOE Chancellor's Discipline Code AO2 and will receive a letter home requesting a family meeting so the school can support you. If cost is an issue, please reach out to our Parent Coordinator Alice Saavedra. Parents have until October 1st to comply with the school uniform policy.